Here’s a quick reference to layering latex, wool batting, ticking and other organic/natural layers on your chair.
Whether you’re a professional upholsterer, just looking for the healthiest furniture for your family to lounge on, or you’re planning to do your own upholstery, I hope this snapshot of healthy upholstery layers will help you get started.
- natural wood frame
- hemp or jute foundation fabric
- natural wool felt
- organic cotton upholstery padding
- 100% natural latex foam (Oeko-Tex or GOLS certified)
- natural wool batting
- organic cotton ticking fabric
- natural fiber upholstery fabric
Want to learn more about using natural & organic materials in upholstery? Sign up for our mailing list.