GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS 2023
This policy and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are designed to protect individual’s information. Business contacts and information are considered to be in the public domain and therefore not covered. The GDPR is in force from 25th May 2018.
We collect information that is provided by you. We may collect information in conversations and phone calls with you, letters or e-mails from you, online forms and comments submitted by you, your business website, public online business listings and public directory assistance, in forms when you place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey. We collect information you provide which may including name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, interests, profession and business. When you purchase something from our shop, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our site, we may also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address (via Google Analytics) in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
We may collect basic identification information such as your name and contact details. This will be used for:
- Electronic delivery of emails, newsletters and any other internally generated information relating to the products and services that we offer.
- To administer our accounts and billing systems.
- The supply of any services you request. This may include passing details to trusted third party suppliers with whom we have placed a purchase order on your behalf. That supplier may further share those details with third party couriers etc.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We will retain all information that you provide on the following basis:
- Our mailing data base is stored on the Cloud via MailChimp. You may unsubscribe and/or have your details deleted at any time.
What we will & will not share:
- We will not share any personally identifiable information collected by us to any third party who is not directly involved with delivery of products and services requested by you.
- We will never sell any personally identifiable information collected by us to any third party.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
- We may, with your written or verbal consent, share photos and/or videos you submit of your upholstery project, photos and/or videos of you taken during an upholstery class you attended, or an upholstery-related event you participated in. These images may appear on our social media channels or on our website. You may revoke your consent at any time by emailing us through our Contact page.
When you provide us with personal information in order to comment on our site, request we contact you, complete a transaction, place an order or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing products & services that may be of interest to you, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us through our Contact page.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information.
- This information is used to track visitor use to the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
OTHER INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR PRIVACY
- We have to abide by the law of the land and if information is legitimately requested by the Government or one of their agencies we will comply with any such request.
- You may at any time review or update any personally identifiable information we hold. Please send us an email through our Contact page. We will take any reasonable steps to confirm your identity before any such changes are made.
- We reserve the right to alter, without notice, this policy if either required to under law or to improve services and benefits to our students and customers. The current policy will always remain available on our website: www.naturalupholstery.com.
- You have the right to complain to your country’s data protection agency if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
- For detailed information regarding your rights, see the GDPR rules.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact us.
We value the trust that you place in us and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you!