Get creative and update your furniture without breaking the bank on expensive fabric. Learn how to paint your own fabric for upholstery!
We’ll begin with the basics in this introductory class, practicing on a simple slip seat design for a dining chair.
Two Sessions: (2 hours each)
Session 1 – Learn what materials and supplies are easiest to start with:
- What kinds of paints you can use and where to find them (hint: low cost or free salvaged acrylic paint is one easy option)
- fabrics that work best for paint-your-own upholstery and where to find them
- where to find design inspiration – color, pattern, texture & what you love!
- make an easy template to use in the second session
Session 2 – Get down to painting:
- get your feet wet practicing 3 simple techniques that don’t require expensive tools
- learn how to get different effects with tools & materials you have around the house
- bring your own fabric to experiment with or use the fabric supplied in class
Intro to Fabric Painting for Upholstery: Future sessions to be announced
Love visuals? Join us on Pinterest!
See Additional Class Offerings for scheduled dates, times & places.