Save money on fabric and learn creative sewing techniques for making your own upholstery fabric!
We’ll begin with the basics in this introductory class, practicing on a simple slip seat design for a dining chair or ottoman.
Two Sessions: (2 hours each)
Session 1 – Learn what materials and supplies are easiest to start with:
- how to create smooth lines with appliqué
- fabrics that work best for appliqué upholstery, including salvaged fabrics
- where to find design inspiration – color, pattern, texture & what you love!
- make an easy template to use in the second session
Session 2 – Get down to sewing:
- get your feet wet practicing 3 simple appliqué techniques (layering one fabric over another)
- learn how to get different effects with stitching and fabric manipulation
- bring your own fabric to experiment with or use the fabric supplied in class
Creative appliqué for Upholstery: This class may be offered at a future event.
Sign up for our mailing list to get class updates, home decor tips, do it yourself upholstery tricks,and more!
See Additional Class Offerings for scheduled dates, times & places.
Leave A Comment