Wool batting is recommended to cover all latex foam used in any part of upholstery for the following reasons – Wool:
- is a natural flame retardant barrier – see the post ‘Interpreting the CA Flame Retardants Standard for Upholstered Furniture’ for more info. See this related post.
- provides added protection for the latex foam from UV light that passes through the cover fabric.
- provides enough coverage to prevent the latex holes from showing through the cover fabric.
- softens the edges of your upholstery cushion or padding.
- is a healthy & sustainable alternative to polyester batting.
See ‘About Wool Batting for Natural Upholstery’ for more information.
Leave A Comment