Finally. A hub for all things upholstery
Are you a professional upholsterer looking to connect with more clients? or with other upholsterers? Looking for tips from a business pro on ways to up your game?
Or maybe you’re just looking for an upholstery professional in your area to work their magic on your old sofa that’s looking worn around the edges, but still has good solid bones.
The National Upholstery Association is a great place to start!
To educate & connect
The National Upholstery Association is:
- A non-profit organization, wholly run by volunteers
- Founded in July, 2019 by eight women, each with a different passion for upholstery. You can read about them here.
- Developing a wide array of member-only features including a monthly webinar featuring experts sharing everything from tools & gadgets to business development tips.
- A public resource to learn about upholstery – ‘what’s inside’ and upholstery language. The website features a blog where you can learn about things like leather
A budding organization
Even though it’s a new kid on the block, the National Upholstery Association has big plans in the works that will roll out over the next several months, including:
- A glossary of upholstery terms (have you ever wondered what a ‘wyzenbeek’ is? it’s coming… meanwhile you can find out here).
- Professional development resources for members looking to grow their business acumen.
- Expanded education opportunities for students of upholstery.
Is membership for you?
Any upholstery professional may join as a member, whether in the business of design, education, supplying the trade, or running your own shop.
Students of upholstery with plans to start a business, and retired craftsmen & women receive a discounted rate.
Learn more about membership in the National Upholstery Association.
Leave A Comment