Is your old favorite chair looking (and feeling) a bit rough around the edges?
I am providing limited Upholstery Services in Livingston, Montana. You can also explore our upcoming Upholstery Classes to learn how to do it yourself!
How I Work:
As of February, 2020, I am still doing limited local upholstery work in SW Montana, and not accepting long-distance work. Please be advised of the following physical limitations regarding size and volume of the work I can take in:
- Due to space constraints with education activities going on at the same time in the workroom, I am not accepting full-sized sofas or recliners, and can only work on one item at a time (with some exceptions for smaller items & soft goods).
- Access to the workroom is up a flight of narrow stairs. Due to illness within the family, I am no longer able to offer pick-up service or handling of items above a certain weight & size. Delivery and pickup of each item (including up & down the stairs) will be your responsibility.
For items I am not able to work on, I will gladly recommend a local upholsterer.
For a free estimate on your chair, cushion or soft goods upholstery, follow these steps:
- Contact me with your request, and I will respond via email.
- Send photos of your furniture (front, back, bottom and side view), along with details regarding condition of the piece (e.g. loose or broken frame, springs need retying, uncomfortable seat) – this information is very important in order to provide as accurate an estimate as possible.
- I will get back to you with an initial labor estimate for your chair, based on the information you have given. Upholstery materials are not included in this initial quote. Some problems are hidden until the frame is uncovered.
- If the estimate meets your approval, your next step is choosing fabric, unless it is not required (e.g. certain repair work). I can help you with fabric options in the form of sample books available at my studio. You may provide your own fabric with a 25% cutting fee added to the upholstery labor. In order to assure the best outcome, your fabric will need to be approved to be sure it meets minimum quality requirements.
- After your fabric is ordered and paid for, your upholstery work is put on my schedule in the next available space (anywhere from 2-6 months out)
- I will contact you to arrange a time for you to deliver your item to my studio when your scheduled time approaches (since I do not have extra storage space, I am not able to take items before the scheduled time).
Still have questions? Feel free to contact me.
I want to thank you again for such beautiful work on our chair. The placement of turtles and the beautiful matching of pattern across the front piping are a delight and something that I didn’t fully appreciate in the excitement of taking it home. Little Elsa hasn’t seen it yet, but I’ll take a picture of her to add to the other archival materials you imaginatively put together for us. – Linnea Pritchard, grandmother
The chairs are fabulous! Makes a huge difference in our waiting area. Thanks for the great work! –Lisa Blank, Practice Manager, Bozeman Birth Center